For most of the elderly people, stairs are quite difficult to navigate. This is due to their weakened muscles, restricted mobility, and limited stability. The use of the stairs becomes a hassle for them. They want to avoid it. As a result, they prefer downsizing to a single-story home. Or else, they prefer to move to a retirement living home. And, both of these options are expensive. But with Home Stairlift Installation, this problem can be managed forever.
Let’s talk about the different benefits of stairlift installation.
- Safety and injury prevention – The most prominent benefit of the equipment is that it provides a safe way to use the stairs. Using the stairs often causes a fall. Missing a step while going up or down a stair can cause a fracture or other serious injuries. With the motorized chair, the seniors can get from one floor to another. This reduces the risk of falls and injury at home.
- Ease of use – These stairlifts are simple to use for the users. Just sit on the seat, wear the seatbelt, push and cling to the rocker switch. This way, you can go up and down the stairs. To stop the same, just release the switch. It is as simple as this. You can put on the rocker switch on the armrest for more convenience.
- Flexible and comfortable ride – The elevators are comfortable, flexible and smooth to operate. Some of the Straight Staircase Stairlifts come with extra cushions for more comfort.
- Independence – Oftentimes, seniors lose the freedom of movement owing to limited mobility. As a result, they confine themselves to a single level in case of a two-story building. This is depressing for them. They feel like they have lost their independence. To get up and down, they need assistance. Nevertheless, with a stair elevator, they can regain independence. They become able to access all the levels of the home in an easy and safe way.
- Opportunity to stay at home – Today, many seniors have to move to assisted living homes or retirement facilities. This is because of their limited mobility. However, this is important for seniors to stay at home. As a matter of fact, they want to age at their home; among their family. They don’t want to move to any senior living home. Curved Rail Stairlifts give them the opportunity to stay safely at home. They can also move any part of the home without help.
- Temporary solution for an injury – Not only for the seniors, but the lifts also come handy for people of any age. If any family member, irrespective of age, suffers from an injury, they may face constrained mobility. This is more applicable for going up and down the stairs. But with stairlifts, they can move with ease. It doesn’t require any additional aid for movement. If you need the elevator for such an instance, you can get one on rent.
Stairlifts offer a number of benefits. They ensure safety and injury prevention. They provide a flexible and comfortable ride to different levels of the home. They can be operated easily. The elevators provide independence of movement. With this equipment, seniors don’t need to move to an assisted living facility. The lifts can also be used as a temporary solution for an injury.